Friday, October 10, 2008

Day before the race : )

Below - The girls post-Master's women's breakfast:
Crissy, me, Laura and Kimmy.
Right - Me before my last little ride pre-race.
Well, just 16 hours to go until race morning. I'm getting excited and feel great. I had an unpleasant surprise today...my period decided to start 3 days early (that never happens!) and now I get to do Ironman on my worst day for massive hemorrhage : ). Well...on the good side, both women I told had great stories to tell me about how the timing is perfect and they had their fastest ever Ironman with the same scenario happening to them! I did have to make an extra trip to the drugstore and hide some tampons in little plastic baggies behind my race number for quick and easy access on race day (thanks Laura for that cool tip)! Maybe the extra water retention will make for the perfect race ; ).


Got my mini triathlon workout in quite early today and felt really great in all 3 disciplines. I'm liking the taper that my program with MarkAllenOnline outlined for me. I should be ready to rock! Today the ocean and winds were very mild and the vog and clouds settled in early for some cooler than usual weather. Hoping for more winds, but some nice cloud cover on race day.

Well, time to head down to Kailua pier to drop off my bike and transition bags. Then I'm off to Laura's for a great homecooked meal!

Next blog entry will be my Ironman race report! Thanks to all of my buddies for sending me luck on race day and to all those who donated in my battle against ovarian cancer in honor of Sue. I'm hoping she'll be out watching over me tomorrow.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Diana,
Way to go. Was tracking you all day. You are such a stud! You are inspiring my whole family. Talk time to rest and recover.
Les