Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Taper Time!!


Well, it's finally arrived...taper time. It's a bit strange for me to be tapering so early on for a 1/2 Ironman race. I don't think I've ever tapered more than a week for that distance. Truthfully, I don't feel like I'm tapering yet, as I already put in a 3+ hour training day of good quality aerobic training today. I felt amazing on the bike today. It's funny how sometimes you really can't predict how you are going to feel from one day to the next. I've been exhausted and bailing on my swim workouts the last 2 days, yet today I had a great swim and then went out and had a great 2.5 hr ride in the hills. It was just last night that I had to quit early due to being too tired to train! No complaints here! Dang...I'm getting excited for St. Croix! I've posted the bike course profile, courtesy of Rick Campins, a MAO athlete I met on the forum who took a trip out to St. Croix to survey the course and then shared it with the rest of us (awesome guy!). Notice all of the bumps symbolizing lots and lots of up and down. That's my favorite! I love constant hills (not the long grinders...I suck at those...but the over and over short up and down hills are awesome!).
This time next week I'll be on the beach basking in the Caribbean sun : ))))))))))))))).

1 comment:

Eileen Swanson said...

Hi D,
Just came upon your blog through randomly reading Amanda's comments today. How funny! How the heck are ya? I see you are doing St Croix. Sweet! I have a bunch of friends doing it, including one of my best friends. Reid and I are going to do WF instead. Hope to see you this summer!
XO,
E