Sunday, April 27, 2008

One week to go!

Well, I can't express how excited I am to go to St. Croix. C'mon Wednesday!! This weekend was a fantastic training weekend. I did the Deer Trail RR on Saturday, a 54-mile flat, then hilly course east of Denver. I had a blast. It was really fun to race again with the cat 1/2 women that I hadn't seen since last season. Plus, we had some big gun cat 1 NRC-type gals show up to keep it challenging. The race really didn't begin until mile 40, but then it was a sufferfest. America's Dairyland (a US pro team) has set up shop in Boulder, so they are becoming regulars at the local races on weekends when the bigger NRC races aren't happening. Vitamin Cottage was there in force as well. I enjoy the added challenge, but that means I place even lower in the cat 1/2 field : (. My legs were great though, so I did manage 10th, putting me in the top 50% of the field. Not bad for an old lady ; ). The good news is I had put off my 1 hr tempo run and 2 hr tempo ride until today because those road races make me too tired to strap on the 'ol running shoes after the long car ride home. Despite racing yesterday, I had my best run of the year (7:15min/mi for 8 miles at 144 average HR) and also had a fantastic bike ride afterwards on the TT bike. Guess I'm ready to roll in St. Croix! Yeah!!

No comments: