Saturday, April 14, 2007

First Post

Hi all,
I didn't realize how easy it was to start a web page, so here I am...digesting my breakfast before my first workout of the day. Guess I need to introduce myself...I'm a veterinarian at Colorado State University (I love my job) and I specialize in equine surgery and critical care medicine. I started at CSU in November of 2003 as a new member of the faculty, and have enjoyed every minute of it...clinics, teaching and research. I work very hard at my job, but also find time for a bit of balance in the form of training. I'm also an avid cyclist and triathlete. I like the long racing (road races and Ironman Triathlon), as that's what I excel at. I've had some great success as an athlete in past years, taking 5 podium spots in 6 years in my age group at Ironman Hawaii, but my focus has changed back to work since moving to Ft Collins, CO. I do about 1/2 the training volume I used to do in past years, but couldn't be happier with my current situation...and I'm still pretty fast ; ). That's it for now, but hope to keep up with my blog a few times a week, just for fun. I'll post race reports and other fun life events...and hopefully plenty of fun photos.

No comments: