Saturday, March 15, 2008

Brick day!

Today was my biggest brick workout of the year so far...4 hr ride followed by a 30 min run. I recruited 4 of my cycling teammates to join me for part of the ride and told them about my little obsession with the heart rate monitor (courtesy of Mark Allen...picture stolen from the internet below). So that meant I was taking it easy on the uphills and hammering the downhills for the most part. We decided to hit the hills today, heading toward Estes Park and then adding in lots of extra hills on the way home. My legs felt fantastic today! It was one of those days when you are riding and you are just so happy to be riding. The weather and surroundings were beautiful. The Big Thompson river finally melted enough to see and hear the rushing river which I haven't seen since last fall. I was pretty happy with my power output for a 4 hour ride...a new record for mean watts for that time period without depleting myself or getting my HR over 146. The short run afterwards wasn't half bad either...very slow (cuz my HR kept drifting up), but comfortable. I could have kept on going...kind of like the Energizer bunny ; ). Me thinks Mark knows what he's doing : ).

1 comment:

Amanda Lovato said...

Ok Diana! Time to blog again:)!